Monterey Bay Christian School is a ministry of Monterey Bay Christian Center located at 1184 Hilby Avenue, Seaside, CA 93955. Our school’s primary purpose is training young people for Christian leadership. Christian curriculum is utilized in the academic training of our students. MBCS offers accelerated academic training, good discipline, and the upholding of Biblical values.
It is the mission of Monterey Bay Christian School to prepare our students to deal with the issues and realities of life by developing their spiritual, academic, social and physical potential, all from the foundation of Biblical truth.
It is the goal of MBCS, as a ministry of Monterey Bay Christian Center to its own constituency and to the community at large, to implement the above mission statement by carrying out the following strategies:
- Help parents realize their responsibility for the education and training of their children.
- Support parents in their role by providing appropriate staff, curriculum, and environment for the education of their children.
- Provide instruction and material for the parents related to Christian child-rearing in the form of books, audio and video tapes, and seminars.
- Employ faculty and staff members who are committed Christians and who will regard their respective jobs as a ministry to the pupils and their parents.
- Establish and maintain a high standard of conduct based on biblical principles of righteousness, joy and peace in the Holy Ghost.(Romans 14:17)
- Encourage every student to accept Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord of his/her life.
- Foster and develop growth of Christian character.
- Select and develop curriculum based on biblical perspectives and a Christian world view.
- In addition to a specific Bible course for each grade level, teach each subject from a Christian perspective.
- Present the Bible as the living, life-changing Word of God; not merely a course in literature or history.
STUDENT GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
- Develop and maintain a good balance between the emphasis on emotional, mental, physical, social and spiritual growth of each student.
- Promote a proper self-concept in the mind of each student based on the value God places on each individual.
- Encourage individual growth to each student’s fullest potential; enabling him/her to become a well adjusted individual with the capability to impact society.